Double Espresso – This coffee brown Gel Stain and Topcoat is the darkest and heavily pigmented of them all. For those projects that need more of a coverup it is easy to achieve a rich and almost opaque finish with 2 coats.
Our Gel Stain and Topcoat is a one-step combination product that is a little bit of stain mixed into a durable topcoat. Some of the colors can be a thick gel or a thin consistency. As you stir the product it becomes less gel-like and is easy to brush on. Multiple coats will create a more opaque finish but the sheen will remain matte. Keep in mind your substrate color will always show through, however with the more coats you apply the more opaque it will become, except Patina as it is our “clear”.
This product is ideal for over all types of surfaces, scratched, uneven, unstable due to chipping as with milk painted surfaces, melamine, laminate, pre-painted, or stained wood surfaces. It’s so versatile!
This oil-based brush-on gel stain produces a durable protective urethane coating with a satin finish that is ideal for heavily used interior surfaces. It adheres to difficult surfaces and is available tinted to help easily camouflage imperfections or achieve an antiquing effect. Fusion Gel Stain is perfect for areas that are washed frequently such as tabletops, bathroom vanities, coffee tables, desks, shelving, and even floors. It Resists water, food stains, alcohol, grease, and detergents.
- This product is a brush on and NOT a wipe-on or wipe back product.
- Use a natural bristle brush or a roller to apply.
- Dries to the touch in 8 hours and can be re-coated at that time
- Has a thicker gel-like consistency – each color varies.
- Long open time and self-leveling.
- Comes in quart size only in 4 different colors.
- 1 coat looks like a stain. Subsequent coats get more opaque.
- Satin finish.
- Laminate, Lacquered, previously painted or coated surfaces.
- Damaged or Scratched surfaces
- Almost a "no-prep" product- just clean and remove any wax or grease. No sanding or de-glossing required to apply this.
- Extremely durable. Excellent for Flooring and heavy use kitchen table tops etc.
- Works on Bare Wood surfaces for a beautiful satin finish.
CLEAN UP AND CURE TIME
- Gel Stain is an Oil Based Urethane that includes a protective topcoat
- Mineral Spirits for clean-up
- Dries to the touch in 8 hours
- Cures in 5 DaysClean surface of wax or grease. Sanding is NOT required on your clean and dry surface. Adheres well to old finishes. Two coats may be required if the old finish has been worn down to expose a different substrate or the blemishes are severe. If there is an area where there is an old finish as well as any peeling areas you will need to remove (ensure you take precautions if old surface is a lead-based coating) the loose peeling substrate until you have a sound surface.
Clean surface of wax or grease. Sanding is NOT required on your clean and dry surface. Adheres well to old finishes. Two coats may be required if the old finish has been worn down to expose a different substrate or the blemishes are severe. If there is an area where there is an old finish as well as any peeling areas you will need to remove (ensure you take precautions if old surface is a lead-based coating) the loose peeling substrate until you have a sound surface.
CLEAN UP AND THINNER
-Odorless mineral spirits.
Apply to a clean sound surface free of grease, oil, dirt, shellac, or dust. Do not apply to a surface that is wet, or on asphalt, shellac, vinyl, or linoleum tile.
Stir thoroughly before applying. Do not shake as you will introduce bubbles. Appears as a colored gel until stirred. Dries to a satin sheen in the color of your choosing. (One coat is translucent – subsequent coats can build to a solid color. Test your methods in an inconspicuous area.) Using a brush (or very short nap roller – NOT a foam roller-avoid air bubbles).
Dry time is approximately 4 hours at 25°C and 50% relative humidity on most porous surfaces and can be longer if applied thickly or to completely sealed surfaces. Apply a thin coat in a dust-free area. Wait 4 hours before recoating if needed. Remember to always test for tackiness prior to re-coating – if it’s still tacky wait another few hours and re-test. (if subsequent coats are desired or surface feels bumpy give a light sanding and remove dust before recoating. If applying to brand new raw wood, the first coating should be thinned by 20% by using 1 part mineral spirits and 4 parts gel stain (dry time will be much shorter on this initial coat). When dry area can be lightly used in 24 to 48 hours.
Takes approx. 5 days to cure.
Approx 120 sq ft -Additional coats will achieve a darker, deep rich color.